28 noviembre 2011

WORKING MUMS (VIII)

Esta entrevista que hoy presento me hace mucha ilusión porque llega de muy lejos, de una amiga muy especial que conocí en Edimburgo. Ella es canadiense y coincidimos trabajando en el mismo hotel durante un par de meses. Yo era la última en llegar al equipo y Maeghan fue de las primeras en acogerme y tratarme como una más. Siempre fue tan amable! y me dio sabios y buenos consejos. Ella conoció allí a su pareja, escocés, se casaron en Escocia, con kilt incluido (todavía recuerdo las fotos de su boda, increibles!) y vivieron allí un tiempo. Desde que nacieron sus gemelos viven en las Islas Caimán.
Muchas gracias por tus respuestas Meaghan! Te mando un besazo desde aquí.
Y sin más que decir, le dejo hablar a ella, en inglés claro ; )





1. What is your work schedule and weekly routine? Have it changed since the birth of your children?
 I don't work in a paying job - my job is two 18month old boys!  The biggest change is that none of my time is dedicated to me - when they are sleeping, I cook, clean, and organize for the next time they are awake!  They are so busy!

2. What is the routine for the care of children? (I assume, in addition to your care, daycare, babysitter or grandparent 's)
The boys wake at about 6a.m., and sleep from 12 until 2:30, and bed at 7 p.m.

3. Do you have your parents  nearby? Do you " use" them
?
Unfortunately we live far away from both sets of grandparents, so we don't have any help.  It's very expensive to hire a babysitter or nanny here so all of the childcare falls to me and my husband.

4. What do you like most about the current situation?
I love that i get to experience their 'firsts'.  Their first step, first word, and I get to see them develop every single day.  They have such great personalities, and its lovely to see them change and grow.  I know that not many people are lucky enough to get to do this, so I try to appreciate it!

5. What did you like to change?
I would love to have a bit more 'me' time.  Since I had the boys, I don't really think about myself anymore, and I've been neglecting my friends.  Now that the boys are easier to handle (infant twins are a nightmare!) I don't feel so bad about leaving my husband with them, and I'm going to try to get out on my own a little bit more.

6. How do you and your partner put all of this in your relationship? Do you have moments for you two?
Not many moments for us - when the boys fall asleep we clean up, then watch some TV.  We have been out to dinner (without the boys) only 4 times in 18 months.  My husband is a wonderful father though, it's so great to see how much he loves our boys, it's so obvious!  He's a better dad than I ever could have imagined.

7. Do you have time for you?
As above - no!  At times I go a little bit crazy when dealing with them is difficult and get upset that I don't have any time for me, but then I see their little faces and I forget all about it!

8. Have you ever wondered how other women handled this whole puzzle? Have you talked to other women about it?
Everyone I know always says "I don't know how you do it"... there are days where I don't know how I do it either!  When it's hard, I try to remember it will get better, and when it's wonderful, I try to store those memories away.  There are a lot of twins in the Cayman Islands and I know quite a few other mothers.  We are all the same, multi-tasking and exhausted!!

9. What advice would you give to other moms about how to balance work and life?
I can't offer much advice on how to balance work and life, I don't seem to be even doing a good job of balancing motherhood and personal life!  I think that we just have to appreciate the happy moments with the children and remember that it's not always going to be hard!

1 comentario:

  1. Hola guapa! me ha gustado la entrevista... sin duda es toda un madraza, pero todos necesitamos tiempo para nosotros, ojalá poco a poco ella lo consiga, es fundamental, aunque tengas hijos.

    Besos y feliz semana!
    xx
    http://lipstickcandy.blogspot.com/

    ResponderEliminar

Gracias por tu comentario!

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Seguidores